About the project
After a year out due to the pandemic, ASA returned for a third edition, providing development support to a new cohort of women working in music and sound. Due to the situation with Covid in Brazil, this round was delivered online, which allowed us to reach out even further to support 400 participants based across the country. We also welcomed a new Brazilian partner onto the project, Women’s Music Event, to lead on the programming of Brazilian contributors.
The online programme was delivered through live and pre-recorded sessions, structured across four modules: Business & Professional / Creative & Artistic / Building Communities & Audiences / Digital Innovation & Emerging Markets.
Contributors to the 2021/22 programme include:
- Leslie Gaston-Bird, an audio engineer re-recording mixer and sound editor working in film
- Sarah Ticho, a serial founder and entrepreneur working at the intersection of XR, healthcare and arts
- Broadcaster, writer and DJ Zakia Sewell
- Tamara Gal-On, a professional coach who works with creatives working in music, photography and film
- Emmavie, a UK-based singer/songwriter and producer
- Guta Braga, a Brazilian music professional specialising in copyright
- Flávia César, Strategic, Commercial, Films and Synchronization Director at Warner Chappell (Brazil)
- London-based music artist Miso Extra
- SUCHI, an Oslo-born, London-bred, and Delhi-influenced DJ and producer
- Lucy Harrison, a composer and sound designer who specialises in interactive sound and music
- Cris Falcão, Managing Director at Ingrooves Music Group (Brazil)