Lighthouse aims to welcome all visitors to our building, programme and website, and strive to provide access for all. Please get in touch to discuss any access issues via email@example.com (regularly checked by a person who is disability informed) or by calling 01273 647 197.
A comprehensive document about Lighthouse venue and other accessibility information is available to download below.
ABOUT OUR VENUE
The Lighthouse venue is fully wheelchair accessible. Please note
a maximum of two wheelchairs are allowed at a time in the Digital Lounge.
- The Lighthouse venue has floors:
Ground Floor - Reception Area & Conference Room
Lower Ground Floor - Digital Lounge & Toilets
- The Ground Floor is accessed at street level, there is no ramp required.
- Access to the lower ground floor (Digital Lounge) is by platform lift or stairs. The lift can hold a maximum weight of 300kg.
- It is designed to carry two people and one wheelchair, however in cases where a power motorised wheelchair is very heavy it may only be possible to hold one wheelchair and one person.
- The platform lift is run by the user inside the lift pressing a button and keeping it pressed down until the desired floor is reached.
- Lighthouse staff will assist with use of the lift.
TRAVEL TO OUR VENUE
We are about a 10 minute walk from Brighton train station and are close to the city’s excellent bus links. The nearest bus stop to us is the Kensington Gardens stop on North Road. There are numerous cycle racks in nearby streets, particularly outside the Library in Jubilee Street.
We do not have access to any parking spaces at Lighthouse. The nearest disabled parking bay is in Robert Street.
The nearest car park to Lighthouse is situated on North Road. Though beware, the tariff can be very expensive after 9am. More info is here.
The most reasonably priced carpark is off Trafalgar Street, just two streets away from Lighthouse. More info is here.
At Lighthouse events, concession discount is available to:
• People who are unwaged, in receipt of Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support or Job Seekers allowance;
• Part-time and full-time students;
• People with disabilities (we understand that not all disabilities are visible!)
(one free ticket for a PA/companion is available either on checkout page or upon request);
• Senior citizens.
If purchasing a concession priced ticket, please ensure that the person the ticket is intended for meets the correct criteria. We reserve the right to ask for proof of eligibility on the day of attendance and deny entrance without a refund in cases of evident abuse of the concession price system.
We are a registered charity and survive with the help of ticket sales, so please withhold from purchasing concession priced tickets if you do not meet the correct criteria. At Lighthouse, we are committed to fighting isolation that people with difficult life circumstances encounter; thus, we reserve concessions for people who genuinely need these to engage with our cultural programme.
Lighthouse aims to welcome all visitors to our building, programme and website, and strive to provide access for all. For any questions or accommodations please email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org.