STREAMING OUT FOR DIGITAL AUDIENCES 3
WEDNESDAY 13 FEBRUARY 2013
SOUTH HILL PARK - BRACKNELL
STREAMING FOR THE CULTURAL SECTOR
Lighthouse is producing a trilogy of seminars collectively looking at streaming media in the arts sector. After the huge success of our sell-out 2012 seminars, we are now taking bookings for the final session on February 13th 2013.
The three seminars will collectively look at online streaming across the cultural sector.
This third session will include a series of presentations from leading industry practitioners:
Martin Franklin, Digital Media Centre Manager for South Hill Park, will be talking about their Arts Council funded three-year live streaming programme, launched in December.
Sally Goldsmith, Head of Sales & Marketing for Theatre Royal Stratford East, which begun streaming live videos on their website’s dedicated channel this summer.
Mark Beasley, Digital Producer for Pilot Theatre, will talk about their #PilotLive project.
Fintan Gillespie, Industry Manager at Google and Lead for the Youtube for Non-Profits programme in the UK, will talk about streaming options for organisations on Youtube channels and other google platforms.
Sarah Pickthall, a freelance consultant, coach, artist and community producer with over 20 years experience in disability arts, television, training and education.
This is the final of three seminars which will ask fundamental questions about how streaming can present opportunities and possibilities for arts organisations, including:
- What do people watch online?
- How many people and for how long?
- What forms can online content take and how can it help businesses engage with new and existing audiences?
- What are the various incarnations of online streaming, from peaks of performance & activity, through to a more continuous distribution model?
- How much does it cost and what do you need at the set-up stage?
- How can accessibility issues be integrated at an early stage to ensure a superior user- experience for all?
- How can online streaming help shape the overall Arts economy, particularly for smaller and medium sized organisations?
Date: Wednesday 13 February 2013, 2pm – 6pm (please arrive at least 10 minutes early to register).
Venue: South Hill Park Ringmead, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 7PA
Tickets: Free – Booking essential (Please notify us of any cancellations at least 48 hours in advance)
The seminars have been made possible by support from Arts Council England. The events are aimed at the UK arts sector.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Sign up to our mailing list to receive regular email updates on exhibitions, events and other news.